The story and people of Neve Zedek – WALKING TOUR Tel Aviv
Our walking tour will take you back to the late 19th century when steamships arrive at Jaffa port carrying Jewish pioneers, Christian pilgrims and adventurers. When the first railroad is built from the ancient port of Jaffa to the holy city of Jerusalem. We will visit the homes which were once built by Christian communities who sought to settle in the holy land.
Strolling through the alleys of Neve Zedek neighborhood we will learn about a new and modern Hebrew culture. Above all, a time when dreamers of all ethnicities, from all over the world settled and built what was to become a colorful and vibrant neighborhood.
- “HaTachana”, the first railway system of the region
- preservation in Tel Aviv
- The revolutionary “Rabbi Kook”
- The epic tales of Chelouche family
- Poetry, art and love stories as part of the history
- The American colony and Messianic Jews
This tour is offered as a private tour, meaning that it is scheduled according to your time table. Ideal for couples, families or student groups and business people. Take a tour with your own expert guide and discover all of the best parts of the city. Tours are not offered on Shabbat.
Length: 2 hours
Meeting point: At the entrance to “HaTachana”- the historical train station Click here for directions.
Number of participants: maximum 15
Tour style: Heritage, History, Architecture
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- 1 – 4 participants : 750 Shekel (prices do not include VAT)
- each additional participant 80 Shekel
- children up to the age of 12 are free of charge
For a tailor-made tour please contact: email@example.com or call +972 (0)9-74244263