The White City Tour – WALKING TOUR Tel Aviv
From Bauhaus to Start-Up, a stroll on Rothshild Avenue: This 2 hour guided Tel Aviv walking tour tells the unique story that started a little more than a hundred years ago. Since 2003 Tel Aviv has earned the title UNESCO World Heritage Site for its interesting Bauhaus Style buildings build on golden sand dunes as far as the eye could see. On hands and knees began the construction of a small garden neighborhood which was to become Tel Aviv.
Its the unique story of 66 families that came together with a vision to build a Jewish city in the land of Palestine and who laid the foundation for Israel’s present-day well-earned nickname: The StartUp Nation’s city. You will walk along Rothschild Boulevard and the surrounding streets in the steps of its first inhabitants, hear about their dreams, and feel the inspiration they left on the famous Bauhaus architecture, the society and the soul of this boiling city.
- The founder’s corner and the first constructions in Tel Aviv
- Independence Hall: Where the State of Israel was declared
- The contrast between ancient and modern architecture
- The Bauhaus style: Why and what exactly?
- Habima Square
- Last but not least, the typical Tel Avivian on his/her bike…
This tour is offered as a private tour, meaning that it is scheduled according to your time table. Ideal for couples, families or student groups and business people. Take a tour with your own expert guide and discover all of the best parts of the city. Tours are not offered on Shabbat.
Length: 2 hours
Meeting point: Mosaic Fountain, 3 Rothshild Boulevard (“Pronto” Restaurant) Click here for directions.
Number of participants: maximum 15
Tour style: Heritage, History, Architecture
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- 1 – 4 participants : 750 Shekel ( prices do not include VAT)
- each additional participant 80 Shekel
- children up to the age of 12 are free of charge
For a tailor-made tour please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +972 (0)9-7424263